I have a lot of books that I want to read but I also want to challenge myself and read more outside of my comfort zone. I want to be a little more challenged when it comes to what I choose to read and maybe look at getting rid of some of the books that have been sat on my shelf for a really long time.
So for reading challenges this year I have chosen a few that offer me a little more freedom and also some that have a great chances for me to crossover which is always a win!
Reading Challenges for 2021
The PopSugar Reading Challenge has 40 standard prompts and 10 advanced prompts. I’ve been doing the PopSugar reading challenge for several years now, and it’s one of my favorite challenges.
These challenges include prompts for reading a dark academia book and reading a book by a Muslim American author.
I was going to take part in this challenge last year but I ended up trying my own and failing miserably. So this year I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to get rid of some of the books that have been sat on my shelf for a really long time.
The Backlist Reader Challenge (#BacklistReader) encourages us to read all those older books that have been piling up on our TBR piles or lists. And by “older,” I mean books that came out before 2020 (in other words, in 2019 or earlier.)
I discovered audiobooks last year, and even found a few that I really enjoyed. The narrator really can make or break a book.
Anyway, I’ve decided that I want to experiment more with this medium for reading books. I found it was a nice way to pass the time whilst doing my job. I also hope it will allow me to fit more reading into my busy schedule, as it allows for multitasking.
Blogging Goals for 2021
Now that I have covered the reading challenges for this year which is the most important part really seeing as this is what the blog was created for but I do want to make sure I’m still aiming for the blog to move forward and onto bigger and better things.
- I am aiming to hit 500 followers by the end of 2021
- Followers aren’t everything at the end of the day but I would love to know that more people were reading and looking out for my stuff when I write it.
- I want to have more consistent daily stats
- I have some really good days and then I have some really bad days so I just really want to make sure that my blog posts are more evergreen and more accessible.
- Be more active within the community and make more of an effort to read more blogs and comment on at least 3 a day.
- I love reading the different blogs and the book recommendations I’ve gotten have been really good, I just don’t take the time to do it as regularly as I like, so in the New Year, I want to make sure that this is a priority.
- Have a posting schedule of 3 times a week.
- This is something I started in 2019 and I kept to as much as I possibly could but this year I want it to be my main focus especially if I want to grow my following and stats.
- Be one month ahead of myself with content scheduling
- I think this is going to be the most important part of my goals, I hate feeling panicked and rushed so I want to make sure that I don’t have to scratch around at last minute for content.
- Follow at least 150 more relevant blogs.
- As I said before I really want to get involved in the community so I want to find other book blogs that review and read the same kind of stuff I do.
- Copy all of my reviews over to Goodreads
- I have been trying to do this for a really long time and I think I need to make sure that 2021 is the year that I make it happen. I want to be as active on Goodreads as I am here.
- Write more than just book reviews.
- I feel as though because I’m never on top of my content I always revert back to writing book reviews so this year I want to make time to write other types of content.
I really want to make an effort with my social media this year, I feel as though I’m always on top of it or I ignore it completely so I really want to get consistent with it all the way through 2021. My aims are:
- Use at least one social media account daily, not including Instagram
- I want to make an effort to use my Facebook and Twitter more, and utilize the different audiences on each of them making sure to add more content than just sharing blog post links.
- BE MORE CONSISTENT